Friday 23 December 2011

....tied up with string

It is Christmas, and to be honest there are a lot of things about this season I do not enjoy.. Wrapping presents though is something that I love to do. The presents under our tree are all in matching paper with a different coloured curling ribbon combination for each person. This is an excellent thing as I do not need to write names on the presents and no one can do any real sneakery (except for me of course*)

I learnt to wrap gifts when I worked at a lingerie store after finishing high school, I would recycle the bra boxes into gift boxes for the customers. Each Christmas, Valentine's and Mother's day I would wrap hundreds of boxes and line then with tissue paper for the usually male wrapping challenged customers.

I got very fast and very neat very quickly, and tooting my own horn just a little its pretty impressive to watch! I was buying a last minute birthday. Gift a couple of weeks ago on the way to the birthday dinner with a girlfriend,we bought the present & the wrap at a store and I wrapped it on the counter in front of the store lady, she was mucho impressed.

I have read of the Present Wrapping room at the Spelling mansion or seen wrapping stations on crafty type blogs...I do not necessarily dream of owning these things, I don't even have proper cupboards or wardrobes, but if anyone wants to let me come visit their station/room I promise I'd leave it nice and tidy for you. I wouldn't even remove the scissors or leave the sticky-tape without a little folded over bit to help you find the end!**

have a wonderful Christmas guys personally I am praying for sun so I can make use of the beach and my parents pool... Oh and no traffic heading north on Christmas Eve....

xxpt

*I always know which presents are mines they are not wrapped (dare I say) as well as the rest, they are however usually covered in sticky tape , my family do know me rather well... Unwrapping and re-wrapping presents is my very mild superpower...

** let's be honest if you have a wrapping room/station you'll have you scissors on a string and the tape in a colour co-ordinated tape dispenser, right?

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you have GOT to get a sticky tape dispenser. It will change your life. Well, not really.

    I used to be a classy wrapper and then I had kids and now it's whatever is the quickest. Wrapping paper is axtraordinarily expensive here ($4 per roll) but I found these Xmas bags that you pop the pressie in, bunch the top and seal it with a twist tie! Super quick!And as it's a Japanese chain it has the added bonus of weird English slogans like "Happy Santa!" and "Merry Chirstmas, Winter is Pleasures!".

    I hoep your Chirstmas is more peaceful and serene than I know you are expecting. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a wrapping nazi, everything must match and I have been known to re-wrap a gift so it will match. If the husband puts his foot own and forbids me from doing that I'll hide them at the back of the tree or under other matching presents :P

    Have a wonderful Christmas darling!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete