Wednesday 17 August 2011

Hump day Happiness


I’ve had to dig really deep this week to find anything to smile about. Aside from one massive high most of the week has been pretty shitful to be honest so here goes....

TC performed at the Opera House as part of the Combined School Recorder Ensemble, all 700 of them. My mum (the Nana) came down to Sydney for it and we had seats in the 4th row from the front. MrPt, the Nana and I are all so damn proud of her, it was the 1st time TC and the Nana had been inside the Opera House too so that was extra super cool.

Prior to the concert the Nana and I had a glass of wine and a mezze plate at one of the Harbourside restaurants, it was really nice to just have time for the 2 of us and while we stressed at a short timeframe to get the food in case we missed the concert. We both calmed down enough to enjoy the wine and the view just the two of us.

Circular knitting needles and the magic loop, I had a go at making a couple of beanies over the weekend and due to the available chucky wool and the 9mm needles I had they came together in under a couple of hours. It is a shame I didn’t try this at the START of winter however if I keep doing this I will have a stockpile of little gifty type things (in theory of course) for the relo’s and mates at Christmas.

And some quick ones - new episodes of TrueBlood with my girlfriends on Monday nights, turkish toast with butter and vegemite, stripey pyjamas,birthday dinner invites & possible tweetups this weekend if kiddo arrangements can be made.

Oh and finally I’m wearing my ugg boots under my desk today and I do not care!

xxpt


ps. If you click on the photo I have circled TC's head...

2 comments:

  1. Turkish bread with lots of butter and vegemite is the secret love of my life.

    Also, TrueBlood... Oh my days...the things I would do to Eric......

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any toast with butter and vegemite is bliss.

    Some weeks are harder to get through than others aren't they. But I love the idea of a combined school performance at the opera house... sure beats the local hall/fire refuge!

    ReplyDelete