Wednesday 10 August 2011

10 Things I Love

Taking a leaf out of Sass’s book (blog?) here is my list (for today anyway)

1. My little nuclear family, me, MrPt and TC. We aren’t a poster for perfection by any standards there are spats, attitude, yelling and we all from time to time take each other for granted but there is genuine love between us and a feeling of safetyness (which is so now a real word)

2. Girly colours – pink, yellow, red and green clothes of these colours or tea cups or furniture or rooms or ice creams and cupcake icing.... or hair!

3. Twitter, I cannot tell you enough how lovely it is to be able to have conversations all day with friends I have met on there. So many beautiful/funny/touching stories and people are found each day.

4. TV I am unapologetically a fan. The car crash reality TV the well scripted & produced shows the low budget community shows that populate TVS (& Bris 31) and old TV shows from the 70’s & 80’s

5. Modcloth.com just looking at this website fills me with happiness, I do not even have to buy anything although 9 times out of 10 I do (shh!)

6. Weddings, maybe one day I’ll have one but for now I will live vicariously thought those celebrated by my mates and those shown on Four Weddings & My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (car crash TV) Oh and I'm a total crier at these events too I even have a special wedding hanky!(don't judge me)

7. T-shirts I have far too many in fact my whole family has far too many. They’re just so damn practical and comfy and easy to launder!

8. Nail polish I have ugly but strong nails so anything to disguise them is welcome. I am a sucker for the really bright crème colours in the $2.95 bin out the front of the chemist!

9. Vintage fabric and sewing patterns, I have many, I may not marry the 2 very often as I fear screwing up the gorgeous fabrics but I do love them!

10. My mum (who arrives for a lightning visit today!) a strong woman who takes on more that she should and loves as fiercely as a mama bear. She's also at times overbearing and over sensitive and I don't think she will ever forgive me for moving away from the hometown and taking her beloved TC with me but she's my mum and I don't know what I'd do without her!

xxpt

4 comments:

  1. awesomeness of awesome list my love!

    I am desperate to have bleach my hair back to white blonde and put some pink cotton candy colour through it...
    Husband is protesting though.
    he's so mean.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Honey and yes Husband is a definite spoilsport! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great list :) I liked it, but really- Not.One.Mention.of.Old.Films/Filmstars or Musicals? *sadface*
    xx

    ReplyDelete