Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hump Day Happiness

Not sure if Naomi over at Under the Yardarm is doing this this week but a few things have made me smile this week so I have decided to post mine here.

My 30 Day Yoga course something I have begun for the month of June (I’m doing the one for busy people, here if you are interested). It is only 10 mins a day but in this second week of the course I have found myself stretching it out for at least 20 mins each session, remembering poses from the classes I took for years and just stretching, I’ve noticed that my body does not want to leave the mat once I am on there, its often just the getting there that is the hard part. The course is delivered online so I can do it when and where I please, on the weekdays this has meant that I am doing it in the afternoon when I get home from work.

The benefits of this is I get a clear distinction between work time and home time and I have no excuses at that time of the day, there is nothing that needs doing, not dinner or dishes. I’ve finished bolting here and there for the day. I get home have a tea and chat with TC then ask her to have the 10-20 mins alone and she goes into her room to do her homework and I have been getting on the mat. There is no noise from tvs or radios or the bloody Beibs, even Yellow seems to know that he should leave me be, perhaps he’s not as stupid as I thought after all!

The rains and long weekends have made me happy too, warm doonas and tea in bed, a footy win followed by roudy Turkish restaurants for a birthday, the perfect wine and wonderful friends who drive us home, big bowls of pea & ham soup, hot pumpkin bread with lashings of butter, my rainbow crocheted rug and new Ugg boots for me and tc. Plus the heater, the cat and planning a weekend away with my man really soon.

Anything make you happy this week?

xxpt

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you! I have missed Hump Day Happiness in my busy, crazy world that is my life this past few weeks! I'm glad someone is still doing this :)
    Yoga is so good mind, body, soul... I need to get back to it.
    I had a footy win this weekend too! And I was there to see it. Nothing like a good yell with 75,000 odd people!

    ReplyDelete