Tuesday 19 May 2015

A Stay-batical totally a thing I'm doing

At 3.30 on Friday I went on leave for a whole month! YUSSS! I’ve gots me a plan…. & I already started! I did a new thing & I’m going to get back to old things I loved and then stopped & meet up with friends I haven’t had time to catch up with in ages, proper catchups, Galleries and Gardens & I’m going to go through my cupboards to clear out the mess too.

It been a long time coming and I plan to have a wonderful holiday in the city I love and already live in. Thats right for nearly all of it Imma staying right here in Sydney. I realised that I have lived here for like 12 years and there are heaps of places that I have never even been to yet, like Parramatta or Cabramatta I've never been to any of the MATTA'S!! So I’m going and I’m also going to head up to the Central Coast for a day too & try to catch the train to the mountains for a day as well. I should say head to Manly but fuck that place I hate it. 

And I've signed up to a month of yoga at a studio in Newtown super close and after my first class yesterday my body feels so good. My body feels like its been used as it should be, my muscles remembered the patterns and I felt my breath move through my body. God seriously why did I ever stop classes? So for the next 30 days I aim to get to at least 3 classes a week with as many restorative classes as I can too. 

I’ve joined Stonesoup blog’s & Jules provides rad tasty whole food recipes that are simple and a huge part of her philosophy is being organised! Super rad to get on top of that stuff right? Roasting vegies and pre-cooking things like quinoa to add to soups and meals for later in the week. I spent the weekend getting ready for the next fortnight by cooking up a batch of lovely lentils and am currently eating a big bowl with bacon roast veg and a boiled egg. I could really get used to this type of eating and if I’m actually serious it takes bugger all time i just have to work out how to get the rest of the family onto it too they look at me dubiously… But for real check it out... 


So yesterday (official day 1 of holidays) ::

I had a lovely breakfast with the morning show on 702 that I never get to listen to at work
Cleaned out the Vitamin/medicine cabinet (some had expired 2 years ago!) 
Started The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert (I think I’m going to love this book) with a coffee in the sun
Got a free ride on the bus to a new yoga studio & joined a class concentrating on back bends (my fave!) 
Had a lovely pho at Great Aunty 3’s and walked home in the misty rain 
Made plans with 3 separate friends for meet ups next week and had a big chat with my bestie in Auckland.
More cups of tea, dyed TC’s hair for the school musical 
made dinner and at the same time made chicken broth for lunch today! 
shower and the new episode of Game of Thrones 

The plan for today is :: 

Lie in (DONE!) 
Breakfast and blog post (whilst whacking on the washing) (obvs)
Clean out the big brown box… - Anyone want mint condition Chenille bedspreads? 
organise the tupperware 
clear out the bathroom drawer 
Make Rick Stein’s Ham hock and fresh pea soup
pick up a free bag and drop off a birthday present for a lovely 6 year old. 

er not quite as exciting I know but still I’m just as excited about today as I was about yesterday, clearing the space physically will help with clearing the internal space too. 

xxpt 



4 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely wonderful. I would be so happy with a stay-batical! I need the kids to cooperate, but otherwise I'd be good. Enjoy your month of yoga too - that would be such a needed indulgence. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bron, having a 16 year old definitely makes it easier to organise everything. I think planning out the days will be key, I love a list so I'm making them each morning & adding in each yoga class & catch up into my calendar so that it happens.

      Delete
  2. Oh enjoy your staycation! It sounds like it will be bliss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jess its lovely, even the days that I sit in bed until lunchtime!

      Delete