Friday 29 May 2015

So two weeks in, how am I doing?

So as I written my last post I'm on  holiday, in the past two weeks I have managed to achieve the below: 

Knitted half a cardigan for myself & 3/4's of a baby gift 
hemmed a skirt for TC 
went to Flemington Markets for the first time and flirted up a storm with the vendors, I'm a total goose for never going there before for real, its so much closer than I had in my head and it was so much fun 
cleaned & reorganised my fabric stash 
done the same for the bathroom cupboard
watched TC in an amazing school production with my family 
visited my Great Aunt out on the outskirts of Sydney 
given away my beautiful but totally wasted mint condition orange nana trolley. 
attended yoga a grand total of four times (and my body is sore!)
cooked up an absolute storm soups casseroles roasts and cake 
picked up 2 pay it forward bags 
slept in for a whole day 
been for wanders in chinatown, 
walked Blackwattle bay what a stunning place Sydney is right?! 
been to the White Rabbit gallery with a girlfriend and the cutest little guy in the world! (have you been? its a great little gallery in Chippendale that has dumplings!) 
had a 2 hour bath in the middle of the day 
started and am LOVING my new book The Signature of Everything 
I have also drunk many pots of tea, cuddled the cat, eaten toast and sat in the sunshine or watched the rain, done the floors and the washing and the floors again and more washing and then quite often yelled at the cat.

That sounds like heaps right? Not really, there are some days where I talk myself out of doing things.. does everyone do this? Distract myself for so long that I miss the timeframe to make the yoga class/catch the bus/see that movie or catch up with that mate who is down in Sydney for only a couple of days (albeit on the other side f the city). For example, I decided that today is the sewing day, I hemmed a skirt yesterday for TC but there are dresses to turn into skirts, others that need repairing and pants that need replacement zippers and re hemming - jeans especially as I bought them 3 years ago and still can't wear them! Not to mention the many fabrics that are now nicely organised but not actually being used! 

But I just can't get moving.... is it that I don't want to finish things as I don't like endings or fear that the results will be a bit shit and I'd rather fail by not completing than fail by not being any good? Is this the reason I have currently reading 6 books? Knitting/crocheting 6 different projects, most of which I have or will redo at least 3 times? Is this why I have 6 metres or pristine navy liquid silk that i got for my 21st birthday that I still have not decided on a pattern? That's almost 20 freaking years PT! 

So today the plan is - 
hem them jeans
fix my drinking dress
finish my cardigan!
make pumpkin bread & a lime syrup cake (I am STILL using up the lime juice from the beer a month ago!)  
finish my Kinky Friedman book so I can pass it on. 
*and as always the washing 
Oh! and tonight is the annual hooray for everyone AFL game, I really hope it stops raining 

Also to get lost in the hole that is the internet in the search for the perfect dress for that navy silk....because I finally joined pinterest yesterday and probably yell at the cat again xxpt 











No comments:

Post a Comment