Wednesday 22 July 2015

Stresssssed

So today was a bit cruddy. Not super duper bad but overall it was just not a very nice guy to know, you know? And I think it was really just me not anything outside my head.  I mean on paper everything seemed to balance out..

I was a bit late to the bus stop this morning 

But 

the bus turned up right away and I got a seat and there was hardly any traffic

Which meant

I had enough time to get a coffee at the uni (no lines as its the holidays)

But

The lid on the coffee just would not fit on properly so it spilt all over my gloves and stockings (bright green opaques highlight black coffee stains really well- who knew?)

My morning was derailed by a new employee, half my day was spent showing him the ropes 

But

I think he's going to work out really well, he seems process driven and has a good local manager & HE BOUGHT RED VELVET CUPCAKES!! 

I butted heads with one of the implementation people in our company it is an ongoing thing and he refuses to listen to any suggestions at all & I had another staff member call and vent at me for 10 minutes about the person who sits next to me while I could not say anything back. 

So

One of the other girls and I went to the pub for lunch we ate risottos and pastas with lots of salt and cheese then wandered back to work to face the rest of the day. 

I made it home later than usual but the kitchen was clean thanks to TC and I knew I hd to shake it off I ran a bath poured a bowl of wine whacked on a new face mask from Lush and sank in for 90 mins (I know because I was able to watch 2 eps of Doctor Who on iView) 

It looked a lot like this 

Bangers and Mash with onion gravy another wine and a cuddle with the little turd of a cat should round off the day well.

The sad is still lurking but I have good things & people in my life and great things to look forward to. Me the fam and some of our best mates are all meeting up for a long weekend out west at a friend's pub. A road trip, with big sky, old friends and the promise of fires and marshmallows hugs and a four days away from work sound like a great remedy. 

How do you shake off the sads? Are you a bath person? Or a wine person? Or even a big sky person? 

xxpt 
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment