Tuesday 4 August 2015

Brave

Do you have any really brave people in your life? Not explorers or daredevils but people who make brave decisions about their life & the lives of those they love? Who just go with their guts. 

Someone very close to me has fought a battle for 25 years, although the last two years have finally been beating it I am in no way under the impression that the battle is over. On a daily basis they stay the course, do the work, dodge the relapse and so far so good. They’ve got a place of their own after 12 months in a residential rehab started a uni course (after never completing year eight!) and today made one of the most brave choices ever. 


It’s not my story to tell so I won’t tell it here, in the past there have been discussions about this person's story being co-opted by another close person and its not cool at all. 


I needed to get it down somewhere, that I am scared for my close person, that this decision is one of the most dangerous things they have ever done. But that I know why they’ve done it and I that I am so very very proud that they are trying proud that they are brave enough to even try.   


I may not be one of them brave people yet but one day I think I could be.
xxpt 

No comments:

Post a Comment