Tuesday 26 April 2011

The Storytellers

I have an extensive wardrobe it is smaller than it once was but it is still larger than most of my friends and almost 3 times the size of MrPt’s... ahem.

It is also pretty colourful I made a remark to a twitter girlfriend the other day that I do not see the point in spending money on bland clothing. I do not own many plain clothes, I have some grey tshirts and a few dresses for work that are navy grey or black however they are usually paired with something else that is colourful or patterned, also I own jeans of course but they do not make up ⅓ of my wardrobe like they once did (my top count of jeans was 11 blue + 3 black this was pre TC and certainly pre inner-west storage space!).

There is a story behind each and every item I own I love that my clothes all have a story be it where and when I bought it or the first time I wore it (or that I got it and still haven’t worn it shh!) or the greatest time I had whilst wearing a particular piece. Very little in my wardrobe is expensive I own only 2 “designer” things one a pair of black felt Carla Zampatti hot pants with an apple on the butt. I wore these to Hellfire at Blackmarket the firsts time I came to Sydney with a man... It was quite an introduction to the night life, a world away from the only other night I had been out in Sydney - a night at Parra Leagues club (Kicks night club I think? I remember I wore jodpurs I was literally the only girl not in cuffed denim jeans and a striped top; a guy tried to pick me up by telling me he had a tricked out Skyline... I told him my boyfriend drove a mint condition HR with bench seats and original cheese cutter wheels which was true but not nearly as impressive in downtown Parra as it was up the coast) I try them on every now and then and whilst I would never leave the house in them I can still fasten them and breathe..... a bit.

The other is a chocolate brown Morrissey full piece I saw it in a mag and had to buy it, for some reason the planets aligned and a store in my home town actually stocked it... The world is mysterious people and at times you should never question its workings. Sadly this does not fit and to be honest if it did I could not be bothered with the bikini line up keep required.. yes people I am that lazy...

The point the point... oh! the point is that I realised that even though I never really kept a diary through my coming of age I did keep my stories through my wardrobe. So I think I’m going to do a a bit of exploring and blogging through them... which will also mean photos!

stay tuned xxpt

No comments:

Post a Comment