Wednesday 25 May 2011

Dear Mr White Falcon Station Wagon

Hey how you doing? After our little run in yesterday, I thought I’d just drop you a line, I’m pt but you may remember me as the rather panicked looking pink haired woman in the other white station wagon on the roundabout yesterday? The one with P plates on? The one that SPUN AROUND NEARLY 180 DEGREES WHEN YOU CUT IN FRONT OF HER IN THE RAIN!?!?!

But maybe no because after seeing that I was already entering the roundabout you accelerated and then you did hold up your hand to the side of your face in effect putting blinkers on thus rendering me invisible! Now I will admit you discovered one of my Super Hero secret power desires, I would be a bit of a dud Super Hero if I tried to be invisible in a massive white commodore station wagon with my head lights on wouldn’t I?

Was it that you did not see that I had my P plates on? The red ones, you may not have seen then from behind your improvised hand blinker but they were there, do you know WHY they are there? It’s to let everyone on the road, not just the coppers know that I am an inexperienced driver! I went to the trouble to display them but it’s a two way street mate you need to take notice and perhaps give a little bit of extra love to the P platers out on the road.

Why I hear you ask? Because we aren’t all young hoons with a death wish playing bad R&B* at deafening levels some of us are 35 year olds who have overcome a fear of driving & has been on the road for less than 12 months. We can drive enough to pass a test administered by one of the trolls from the RTA but we’re new at this stuff...

So even though where you had to go was so very very important I hope that next time we meet you will obey the road rules and maybe even be a bit more aware of the not so experienced drivers out there on the roads too.

I’m so glad we had this little exchange,

Happy Motoring xxpt


*In my opinion all R&B after Marvin Gaye died is bad YES ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment